“The sexiest job of the 21st Century” is attracting more and more people to dive into it. If you are one among the professionals interested to know about Data Scientist Job and would love to get your foot in the door then knowing about “What Data Science is and why is it of big hype now?” would help you with a clear start.“The sexiest job of the 21st Century” is attracting more and more people to dive into it. If you are one among the professionals interested to know about Data Scientist Job and would love to get your foot in the door then knowing about “What Data Science is and why is it of big hype now?” would help you with a clear start.
What is Data Science?
Analyzing massive amount of Data using automated methods to drive at the knowledge that will be of great benefit for an organization is called Data Science.
Why is it of big hype now?
Business today are accumulating more and more data which results in exceeding their capacity to extract value from them. Virtually, each and every organisation now has access to piles of data that are even unimaginable even a decade ago. The biggest threat faced by them is “how to use the data effectively?”. This threat is compelling them to look for Data science professionals to handle their big data to drive at social and economic value for the organisation. With the significant rise in demand for data savvy professionals, the sad truth is that the supply of efficient professionals who can work with data is at scarce. In fact, a recent study conducted by McKinsey Global Institute concludes that there will be four to five million jobs in the U.S. demanding data analysts by 2018. Hence, the mirror of this reflection is seen in opportunities for Data Scientist sky rocketed and lucrative packages are being offered to Data engineers, statisticians, Data Analysts and Data Scientist.
When you choose a globally accredited institute such as Datamites™, you will be harnessed with deep analytical and technical knowledge which will help you to analyse big data effectively and bag your dream job easily.
Key skills required for a Data Scientist:
It would be apt if I quote as follows “Data Scientist needs to be better at statistics than a software engineer and better at software engineering than a statistician”. They need to work on enormous amounts of messy data that includes both structured and un structured to cover the unhidden solutions to the business challenges.
Data Scientist may be required to have
1) Software skills: A strong software engineering background is required for a Data scientist. Especially, if you are budding data scientist then the software skills can help you to handle the data logging works easily.
2) Tools knowledge: Having knowledge on a Statistical programming language like R, Python, etc and acquiring the knowledge of how to use the tools is really important.
3) Statistics Knowledge: A statistics knowledge is definitely a must for a Data Scientist. Statistics is an important element for all the companies and especially for data driven companies, where they need a Data scientist to make critical decisions.
4) Machine Learning: Machine learning methods should definitely be familiar to a Data Scientist. Large company or a company with a data driven product gives first preference to Data Scientist familiar with the Machine learning buzzwords such as random forest, neutral network, etc.For Machine Learning Training Details: https://datamites.com/machine-learning-course-training-bangalore/
5) Tableau: Visualising and communicating is really vital for a Data scientist. Tableau is a data visualization tool that helps a Data Scientist to represent the complex information in a most easily understandable pictorial way.For Tableau Training Details: https://datamites.com/tableau-course-training-bangalore/
Generally, Data Scientist work with team of Data Science professionals specialized in various aspect of Data Science from formulating hypothesis/ business questions, collecting data from various sources to building Data Science models and presenting them to senior management/ decision makers. This is details in another article “Data Science Team”. If you are one man team, then you require to have deep understanding of all the skills mentioned above in the article to successfully execute the Data Science projects.
DataMites™ has dedicated team for mentoring aspiring Data Scientist and can be reached at 18002006848
For more details about training please visit: https://datamites.com/data-science-course-training-bangalore/