Data has emerged as a new oil for fueling the success of an organization. Data Science allows the organizations to effectively gain insights from the bulk amount of available raw data to make strategic decisions. It is essential to have best tools to leverage Data Science techniques that can convert the data into insights by the way of visualization or reporting. With so many prominent languages available in the market, the two most popular languages that are used by Data Scientists are “Python and R”.Data has emerged as a new oil for fueling the success of an organization. Data Science allows the organizations to effectively gain insights from the bulk amount of available raw data to make strategic decisions. It is essential to have best tools to leverage Data Science techniques that can convert the data into insights by the way of visualization or reporting. With so many prominent languages available in the market, the two most popular languages that are used by Data Scientists are “Python and R”.
Why Python Programming Language?
Aspiring Data Scientists who are looking for a best Data Science tool often comes with a question of “R or Python-Which one to choose?”. The close combat between these two popular languages leaves them puzzled and it becomes not so easy task to find which is the best data science tool to choose for. As per KDnuggets 2016 poll done on top data science tool, R has topped the list. However, it has been cited that Python is evolving and its percentage of share has seen a rapid increase when compared to last year.
So, why is Python fastly grabbing its limelight status?
Being released by Guido Van Rossum in 1991, Python is a high-level programming language that didn’t enter the Data Science community for a pretty long time. However, at the present situation tools for almost every aspect of scientific computing is readily available in Python. Hence, Python has laid its strong foot in Data Science field and its increased use in data science applications has made it a strong opponent of R. The benefits of Python over R are
- Python demands only shorter learning curve for its easy to understand syntax. Yes, it is a multipurpose language that is simple and easy to understand by anyone.
- Being scalable is the most welcoming feature of Python and its Scalability lies in the flexibility that it gives to solve the problems.
- Python has come with a variety of data science/data analytics libraries for its aspirants. Some of the examples to quote are Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, StatsModels and this list are growing exponentially over time. In fact, many constraints that were existing a few years back in optimization methods/functions have also got reliable solutions now.
- Python’s community is growing quickly and in turn, steers the Python growth. The large active community of experts helps you to find a proper solution for all your coding issues.
- Python comes with a variety of visualization packages.
- Python comes with a great tool Ipython-Notebook that allows you to run multiple lines/blocks of code in different cells. More like a magical organizer, it makes the workflow much easier and efficient.
Data Science Tutorials – Module 1- Part 1 – Python for Data Science – Jupyter Notebook
To conclude, Python is having a strong computational ability for the Data Science workflow and is much faster and easier to use when compared with other available packages in the market. While validating your skills for Data Science career, it is essential to learn an emerging programming language such as Python in order to harvest insights from the huge amount of raw data available with the organizations.
Although Python is an easy to learn the language, it is nevertheless to say that you need a strong base to be laid on. Develop your Python programming skills from a renowned training provider Datamites™ (accredited by International Association of Business Analytics Certification (IABAC™)) in order to advance in Data Science career. For more details regarding the courses, schedules, fee structure, etc please visit https://datamites.com/python-training/. All the best for a successful start in Python.
Datamites Data Science Training Reviews